Star Lounger
    Thanks

Live Mail Shows Actual GMAIL address - How do I prevent?

I have my own domain and use email forwarding. I use Windows Live mail as a client. So email is sent to me@mydomain.com but is actually hosted at fastmail.fm.
    So Live Mail is set up with me@mydomain.com but of course logs in to Fastmail with its password.
    When Live Mail sends an email it is merely sent from Firstname Lastname with no address showing.

Fastforward now to my new Gmail account. It is set up the same way with me@mydomain.com as the email and reply-to address, but of course with a login to Gmail.
    When I send an email from Live Mail using Gmail, the email is sent from Firstname Lastname (me@gmail.com). In other words it shows my real (cloaked) Email address.
    I have a number of accounts an Live Mail only does this for Gmail.
    I want my Gmail address hidden, but I cannot find out why Live Mail does this or how to prevent it. I have set Gmail to show me@mydomain.com as the sender but this is not the issue as it is Live Mail that does it. It even shows this way in my sent folder.
    Any ideas?

Thanks
    I assume you went into WLM Options, Email Accounts, Properties and changed the Displayed name:

WLM.jpg WLM Properties.jpg
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    You can't stop your mail address being sent whether its hidden or displayed. This would make it impossible to get replies. You can add a Nickname for your contacts including yourself.

Capture.PNG
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the replies guys, but those are not the issues. I do have the displayed name and the cloacked address set up identically in both accounts as the email address and reply to email address

gmail.jpg

and the email is obviously sent with an address and a reply to address in the header, but all it displays is the user name .. no email address

gmail2.jpg

With the gmail account, it shows user name and real gmail address which is only defined in the email account via the logon id and nowhere else. This is an entry in the address book, but it has no effect. (it is actually my wife's gmail).

gmail3.jpg

Thanks
    I noticed in your 1st image you have used the 'Reply Address' box. This is only needed if you want replies sent to a different address than the one used for sending.
    It might not make any difference, but worth a try.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I noticed in your 1st image you have used the 'Reply Address' box. This is only needed if you want replies sent to a different address than the one used for sending.
    It might not make any difference, but worth a try
    Thanks again, but has no effect.

Thanks
    OH! well, best of luck.