New Lounger
    Thanks

Unable to download & install M/S updates

Since installing windows 7, I guess I have a corrupt file in windows somewhere. I receive all windows and Microsoft patches but my computer only installs some. The main denial is SP1. I tried the system update readiness tool (KB947821) for win 7 X 64 to no avail. The error messages are 800B0100 and 8007065E.
    Would appreciate some guidance please.

Thanks
    You have two options of doing a SFC;http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...e-checker.html
    I hope the above link helps you.
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,152 Times in 1,061 Posts
    If sfc doesn't sort it, there is one easy way, which I had to go with my own desktop - a non destructive windows 7 repair install.

New Lounger
    Thanks

SFC scannow

Thanks for the replies guys,
    I did 2 scannows which were clear
    I am still having the problem but it seems to be limited to SP1 for win 7 X 64 only.
    Should I try and insert the win 7 CD and try a repair, if so would appreciate any hints & comments
    Cheers
    Les

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,152 Times in 1,061 Posts
    The repair install I suggested is explained here: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/3413-repair-install.html

It can be a slow process, depending on the number of apps and it can even seem it gets stuck at some point, but it works and you can apply SP1 immediately after completion. It was the only way to solve it, for me.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Ruirib,
    Thanks - I think I will use a Techman to do this re-install as I would probably make a mess of it & bugger the computer
    Your help is appreciated never-the-less

Thanks
    flyfisher, wish I were there with you! I love to do installs/virus cleaning. My two specialties.

The secret is all in the preparation. Having the proper drivers (preferably the latest), pre-formatting the drive to keep that 100MB partition form installing. One must have a game plan when doing a clean install. Having access to a good forum helps too, as we all can run into a snag at times.

When you get that computer back, be sure to back it up, that way, you'll always have a good install to revert to when needed.

Best of Luck,
    Cat