Thanks

Click and Shut Off

Some time back, I can't find the post, I reported some computer problems that were finally solved by disconnecting my printer from the USB hub and connecting it (printer) wirelessly. Well since then all has been just peachy! That is until yesterday. Yesterday I was reading the news, when I heard a click, and a real fast warning of a hardware problem, and the laptop went down. Ok, I thought it's finally DEAD!. But Nooooo, this thing will just not DIE!. I restared and it went through the start up routine, and then click down she went. I walked away for a while came back and thought Ok lets try this again. When it started this time it showed that it was doing something to the registry, and got to 407? Sorry wasn't fast enough to get it all. Next went into start up and stated don't turn me off I'm preparing windows. Ok! a half hour later the laptop came up, and is running fine?

So 1: I ran a full Malwarebytes and it came up clean
    2: Ran MSE and it also came up clean.
    3: Ran CCleaner to see if there were any registry errors. and there aren't.
    WTH? any ideas?
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Thanks
    If you get it running long enough, MAKE AN IMAGE real quick.

Does it seem to run longer if it is allowed to cool for an extended period? try to artificially cool it to create your Image if necessary.

I suspect some hardware or other might be going bad or is becoming heat sensitive. Could be some garbage buildup. Perhaps you could attempt to blow out through the vents with compressed air.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Administrator
    Thanks
    An audible click is not good.

Have you tried cleaning the vents?

Joe

Thanks
    I called a computer guy that I know, and he told me that he didn't work on HP dv5000's, and he gave me the number of a friend of his. He told me in the meantime to not use the laptop for fear of doing anymore damage. I called the guy and he said it sounded like it might just be the fan needed to be replaced. Anyway I took it out to him on a Saturday and Monday he called and said that it was ready to go, and that it was indeed just that the fan needed to be replaced.
    So all is well again here in the Rose City.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)