New Lounger
    Thanks

Java update fails & corrupts explorer and networking

The latest Java auto update fails to unzip core files correctly with a 25099 error. This seems to have the effect of disabling networking and the interenet and making win explorer problematic following the next reboot. Fortunately I had a recent win7 image as backup & so was able to restore it however trying the java update again results in the same problem. Java has updated previously many times without problems. I looked up the 25099 error and found a workaround which involves unistalling Java, deleting the directory files & downloading/installing Java. This worked fine after another image restore. I couldn't however find a reference to similar side effects of the Java update failure so wonder if anyone else has encountered it?

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Doesn't it really suck when potentially useful stuff out there on the interwebs is undated?

Error: 25099 during Java installation
    The actual root cause of this issue is still under investigation.
    http://www.java.com/en/download/help/error_25099.xml

Since when?

Bruce

Thanks
    Hi fawlty99, this is what I was advised to do by a senior tech. Java.pdf
    George's PC Specs. / Laptop. Desktop.