Lounger
    Thanks

Bios doesn't show on screen

When I power up, I get the MSI screen but then it goes right to the welcome screen for WIN XP and works fine from there. Result is I cannot see the "Press DEL to enter SETUP" msg on the screen.

I did initial setup about 6 weeks ago and could enter BIOS setup fine.

This is a 880G-E45 series, MS-7576 (v1.x) Mainboard with AMD CPU

Thanks
    Paulbyr in NC

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Administrator
    Thanks
    When you see the MSI screen press the DEL key repeatedly. If that is too late try it very soon after you power on but before the MSI screen appears.

Joe

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeP517 For This Useful Post:

paulbyr (2012-06-07)

Thanks
    Once in BIOS, check for a setting that disables the display of the MSI logo on boot.

Jerry

Thanks
    Follow the advice above.Then highlite the;Advanced Bios Feature,What you looking for should be in there.
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbyr View Post
    I did initial setup about 6 weeks ago and could enter BIOS setup fine.
    paulbyr,
    Hello...When you say "Initial Setup" what exactly are you referring to?...Installing XP, Setting up BIOS? If your referring that at some point that you entered BIOS an made things to your liking.. and now you can't access

If so remove the coin size battery ( after power down) and test it or replace it if you don't have a meter... Wait a few minutes before re-installing and try to boot up again ...see what "shakes out" There is a free program that will let you see the PC's voltages ( battery too) "CPUID Hardware Monitor" i use version 1.16.0 on "7" Regards Fred

PS: I could only find this version 1.19.setup
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Just Plain Fred; 2012-04-15 at 06:34.
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

Lounger
    Thanks
    JoeP517,
    I apologize profusely for forgetting to come back and thank you. I was so relieved when your suggestion worked that I immediately went about whatever thing I was trying to do - Something to do with boot order I think. BTW, this is prob. about the 5th XT box I have built, I never before had this problem. I do putter around in BIOS from time to time (with no tragedies ).

jwitalka, thanks for the reminder, I definitely did restore the whole boot display, first thing into BIOS. I just wanted to see what it looks like - it's so fast now I don't mind seeing it zoom past. (I still remember the loooong mem check that used to happen on every boot up.)

Thanks also for the other responses. I appreciate them all.
    Paulbyr in NC