3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Mouse scrolling - how to stop "rewrite scrolling?"

I have a Win 7/XP dual boot system and have to use the XP side for the first time in a couple of months today. I don't know the right terminology for describing this mouse scrolling, but instead of scrolling everything together at once as it's always done, it's doing that constant rewrite of the page type scrolling as I move down or up, sort of a rolling effect. This is occurring whether I use the mouse button or scroll wheel. The mouse is a Logitech VX Nano cordless and I haven't found a setting (CP) that touches this. Any ideas? Thanks,

Thanks
    My initial thought is to check that the graphics card driver is up to date.

Afterthought: Is this in one program only or all programs?
    Last edited by Browni; 2012-04-14 at 23:14.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Graphics card driver is the first thing I thought too, since I've got a new card since last use of XP. The HD7750 Ultimate is still a new card and I downloaded the only thing listed for it at the Sapphire site for XP, but I think now it's not really the driver but a Catalyst related app. I've got the Sapphire CD, but there's this little problem that my DVD drive isn't being recognized by the BIOS, something which just started this afternoon in the process of switching mobos in and out and in. Haven't figured the problem out yet. So I suspect you're right; it's the driver (Device Mgr isn't showing one either).

Thanks
    Have a spare USB/PS2 mouse...
    Have you tried removing the device from the computer, uninstalling the driver, then rebooting the computer. (Reinstall basically)

If the Logitech VX Nano cordless has any other software besides the basic generic driver that Windows provides, reinstall it too.
    You can also check the side buttons or any other buttons, if any, that may have accidentally been pressed.

Are you talking about a page that is being highlighted when scrolling, like a right clicking and motioning the mouse to highlight?
    Last edited by CLiNT; 2012-04-16 at 11:26.