New Lounger
    Thanks

Windows 7 vs Windows 8

Who its the best or which one its more comfortable to you..

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Windows 8 is not even to the release candidate stage yet. Therefore, regardless of the good experiences reported by many for production machines Windows 7 is the better choice right now.

Joe

Thanks
    I have to agree with Joe. I have been using Win 8 CP for several weeks now and find no compelling reasons yet to switch away from Win 7. Win 8 is nice, but there are still many problems. Plus we do not know what the final product will even look like. We have some clues. Will MS continue to push Metro and force all to use it or will they allow those of us that prefer the desktop to continue as we have with Win 8 CP? This is a big question still to be answered. For now, install Win 8 CP on a spare HD or a spare PC to test it, but do NOT throw out your present working OS just yet. Too many have done so and now regret it.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Taken from a previous message but worth repeating here.

Right now, IMHO, performance of Win8 will be the deciding factor for those Win7 users who dislike the Metro GUI. The other factor of course is selling price. I very much like the performance of Win8 and hope it improves when finally released. Microsoft may well have a hard time convincing Win7 (desktop) users to purchase Win8 if the selling price is deemed too steep. Such users will ask themselves:
    Why upgrade if I have to customize the desktop when I am perfectly content with my Win7 setup?

Rich

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Have seen no reason to upgrade to win 8 yet. But as stated it is not yet been released in its final production yet. I personally will wait for at least 2 years before even thinking of spending money to upgrade for an OS that so far as I can see from my win 8 CP version is not going to give me much more than win 7 does already.
    Clive

All typing errors are my own work and subject to patents pending. Except errors by the spell checker. And that has its own patients.

Thanks
    After the announcements from MS today on the versions that will be available when Win 8 is released this fall, and the comparisons of the versions, a couple of questions I had appear to have been answered, but still the biggest determining factor to me is the pricing structure, and that question has not been answered, and I suspect will not be until Win 8 is released. As stated Win 7 offers everything I need in an OS. Yes there does appear to be some speed increases and some memory management advantages with Win 8, but these in and of themselves will not counter the cost factor for me.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy