New Lounger
    Thanks

Can't Upgrade Win2000 to WinXP

I am trying to upgrade a machine running Windows 2000 to Windows XP and get the error "unable to load file E:i386WINNTUPGNETUPGD.DLL error performing inpage operation"

Does anybody know the cause of this error?

Thanks

Re: Can't Upgrade Win2000 to WinXP

According to:
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q141/1/17.asp>Q141117</A> Common Cause of "Error Performing Inpage Operation" Explained
    >>
    SUMMARY
    When copying files from a diskette on a Windows computer, you may occasionally experience an "Error performing inpage operation".
    In this scenario, this error usually indicates physical problems on the diskette media, and is probably unrelated to paging operations involving the Windows paging file, despite the wording of the error message.
    <<
    If it is installing from your E: drive, this might indicate an error on it. I would be tempted to run Chkdsk and try again.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

This is probably a point you've already taken into account, but is it the XP Professional version you are upgrading to? You can't upgrade from Win 2k to XP Home, but I should imagine it would have told you that long before the stage you're at.

Rgds

New Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, it is the XP Pro version.