Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Signatures

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Signatures

What happened to the 'sigs' that I used to see used by some of the regular posters? I know Ted used to have one that included a lot of his PC info. I'm asking because I often forget to include any,which I do know is an important part of a post when asking for help. Now I'd like to ask just how much info to include & where/how to find it so I can add as a sig. to mine since I post all over the board asking for help?
    The only things I now know are: Windows7, IE9.

Thank you,
    grits

Thanks
    Perhaps the sigs were inoperative for a while, but my sig is working now grits. By the way, thanks for noticing. Many do not bother.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I am so embarrassed . I came to read your reply, still no sig, was going to reply again but finally the lightbulb came on so I checked my forum settings & found 'show sigs,etc. unchecked . I don't know when or how I did that, didn't think of checking that either sometime back in another forum where I brought it up to you.
    Actually, settings, whether in a forum or in my PC, have always confused me 'cuz I usually don't even know what a good share of them even mean. That's probably why my other PC crashed.
    By the way, can you guide me about what info to put in my sig & since I'm lazy & a lousy typer, is there a quick way to copy/paste what's needed?
    Thanks,
    grits

Thanks
    Control Panel, System will get you some of the info. The rest I just put down info I thought might be interesting. The Complete PC Specs were compiled using an app called Speccy. There is a way to store the Speccy info online and paste to the sig line.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Medico For This Useful Post:

grits (2012-04-19)

mart44
    My signature is maybe a bit small but it has most computer details in it. The code for it is this:

[SIZE=1] [B]Computer:[/B] Quad-core CPU[B][COLOR="green"]|[/COLOR][/B]4GB RAM[B][COLOR="green"]|[/COLOR][/B]Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit[B][COLOR="green"]|[/COLOR][/B][COLOR=Red][B]Sandbox[I][COLOR="black"]ie[/COLOR][/I][/B][/COLOR][B][COLOR="green"]|[/COLOR][/B]Norton Internet Security 2012[B][COLOR="green"]|[/B][/COLOR]Security Task Manager[B][COLOR="green"]|[/COLOR][/B]Chrome[B][COLOR="green"]|[/COLOR][/B]MBAM Pro[B][COLOR="Green"]|[/B][/COLOR]Firefox[B][COLOR="Green"]|[/COLOR][/B]30MB cable broadband[/SIZE].

A bit over-complicated but I had an hour or so to spare on a wet afternoon. I have to show it as an image because the forum just turns the code into the signature. Putting it inside BBCode 'code' tags didn't help.

Edit: Image replaced with code thanks to information from I.M.O.G about noparse tags.
    Last edited by mart44; 2012-04-18 at 15:14.

Thanks
    Hi Mart, here's a useful vbulletin BBCODE trick! Most people don't know about the BBCODE "noparse". It tells vbulletin not to render the bbcode, just display it as is. Here is your signature in plain text, thanks to the "noparse" bbcode:

[SIZE=1] [B]Computer:[/B] Quad-core CPU[B][COLOR="green"]|[/COLOR][/B]4GB RAM[B][COLOR="green"]|[/COLOR][/B]Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit[B][COLOR="green"]|[/COLOR][/B][COLOR=Red][B]Sandbox[I][COLOR="black"]ie[/COLOR][/I][/B][/COLOR][B][COLOR="green"]|[/COLOR][/B]Norton Internet Security 2012[B][COLOR="green"]|[/B][/COLOR]Security Task Manager[B][COLOR="green"]|[/COLOR][/B]Chrome[B][COLOR="green"]|[/COLOR][/B]MBAM Pro[B][COLOR="Green"]|[/B][/COLOR]Firefox[B][COLOR="Green"]|[/COLOR][/B]30MB cable broadband[/SIZE].
    By using double noparse tags, I can show you the code for making it appear like above:

[noparse][SIZE=1] [B]Computer:[/B] Quad-core CPU[B][COLOR="green"]|[/COLOR][/B]4GB RAM[B][COLOR="green"]|[/COLOR][/B]Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit[B][COLOR="green"]|[/COLOR][/B][COLOR=Red][B]Sandbox[I][COLOR="black"]ie[/COLOR][/I][/B][/COLOR][B][COLOR="green"]|[/COLOR][/B]Norton Internet Security 2012[B][COLOR="green"]|[/B][/COLOR]Security Task Manager[B][COLOR="green"]|[/COLOR][/B]Chrome[B][COLOR="green"]|[/COLOR][/B]MBAM Pro[B][COLOR="Green"]|[/B][/COLOR]Firefox[B][COLOR="Green"]|[/COLOR][/B]30MB cable broadband[/SIZE].[/noparse]
    Matt Bidinger
    Online Community Engagement

8. The Following User Says Thank You to I.M.O.G. For This Useful Post:

mart44
    Thanks Matt - I didn't know about that, so thanks very much for the useful information. I'll edit my post above now.

Thanks
    No problem! Here's the complete list of bbcode's enabled here as well:
    http://windowssecrets.com/forums/misc.php?do=bbcode
    Matt Bidinger

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Myers View Post
    Control Panel, System will get you some of the info. The rest I just put down info I thought might be interesting. The Complete PC Specs were compiled using an app called Speccy. There is a way to store the Speccy info online and paste to the sig line.
    okeedokee, you kinda left me hanging in mid-air . I have Speccy but from there I'm lost. I thought I'd seen something about sigs in FAQ's but just looked & don't seem to find instructions, 'course I'm an oldie so probably looked right at it & missed. It's been a long day in front of this screen so am about to call it a day.
    Thanks again,
    grits

Thanks
    Speccy.jpg

Once you run Speccy, you can publish the results. You are then given a web site you can reference in your signature.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Thanks
    Pretty cool Ted, I haven't seen that before. Thank you for sharing.
    Matt Bidinger

Thanks
    You are welcome Matt.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Thanks
    How enlightening! I did not have sigs turned on either---- probably because I have a big hangup about lengthy sig blocks in Yahoo groups that I run, however I can see the value herein, and Ted's big red Back up message couldn't be ignored!!!

Something to do now as if I didn't have anything else to do! Bwaaahaaa!

Barbara

Thanks
    That was my point exactly Barbara. I want everyone to notice. Our jobs will become somewhat easier, but that's the point as well.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Ted,

Sounds like you're trying to cut back to a 24 hours per day....wimp!
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast