Thread: CD writer

2 Star Lounger
    Lanyon, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks

CD writer

I have just picked up an "Acer" cd writer. Sadly, it came with a "Nero" software package and not a dedicated driver. The Acer site is no help for someone with a limited knowledge like me ( dead links abound).
    I have the Nero CD rom program which is a pain to use - it is obviously sent up to get you to buy their product without actually being helpful. If anyone can supply an Acer driver so any software packages can be used ( as opposed to nero only garbage), I would be grateful
    Thanks
    willow

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: CD writer

What ACER CDWriter do you have? A model or part number would be helpful to us to find the exact one you need.

You can try <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.driversguide.com>http://www.driversguide.com</A> to find the driver also.
    Christopher Baldrey

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Chris - it's a complicated story. Because my machine is not recognising the CD RW is there (except if I use the Nero program, which is garbage as stated) I can't get the specs from properties. To further complicate things, the shop where I had an "LG" CD RW on lay-by [which was a slower model and being cleared out] forgot to put mine aside. They had to give me this one instead (which although quicker, is obviously causing grief!), I know it's an 12x8x32 - and from the acer Australian site, believe it to be an 1208A. I will give driverguide a go, but if you have a match - please let me know!
    By the way - what is the correct format to change mp3's to so they can be listened to as an audio cd?
    Thanks for all your help!
    Willow (Ben Willis)
    Australia

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Ben...

I found <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.acercm.com.tw/global/service/cdr/drivers2.htm##cdrw>this link</A> which lists drivers for a number of CD-RW drivers from Acer. The 1208A is listed, with three different possibilities. Hope this helps you out.
    Christopher Baldrey

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks mate - problem soughted! Ripped the ACER out! I found the driver (where you suggested) but it was still clashing with the Nero stuff provided. Gotta a "diamond data" and no probs! Have ripped my son's first cd and he is stoked...it's easy to keep a 2 yo happy!
    Thanks for all the help though, we were on the right track, but were defeated by the manufacturers themselves and bad product support
    Willow