Star Lounger
    Thanks

item not collected: format not supported by office clipboard

Hello All,

My wife has a new computer running Win7 32 bit and Office 2010.

If we try to copy a file that is attached to one email and then attach [paste] it to attach it to another email, the above error comes up.

I did a Google search on the error and see a lot of threads on it - some going back as far as Office 2003 but most of them have to do with the error occuring with Excel.

Any help is appreciated!

Best Regards, Bob

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Have you tried saving the file and then attaching the saved file to the new email?

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you, ruirib!

I forgot to mention that the issue is with Outlook 2010, but your reply tells me you figured that out . . .

Yes - if the attachment is copied from the email that it was originally attached to, and copied into a folder, it can then be attached to another email without any problem.

BUT, with Outlook 2003, it was possible to right-click on the attachment and then left-click 'copy', and then paste it to another email and this cannot be done in Outlook 2010.

Administrator
    Thanks
    I tried this with a few files, in my Win 7 32 and Outlook 2010, and had no issues doing it. Does the error happen with any type of file, in your case?

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Well, it has happened with .doc, .wpd, and .pdf files that we know of - really have not tried it with other formats. I mentioned that I did a search and found threads in various forums relating this error to versions of office back to 2003 and mostly pertaining to Excel - not Outlook . . .

Thanks again!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Maybe long shot, but you could try running Outlook in safe mode and see if that would help. Try the Run box, with outlook.exe /safe.