New Lounger
    Thanks

Unhappy "Page Failed to Load" error attempting to change my Win7-64bit display reso

"Page Failed to Load" error attempting to change my Win7-64bit display resolution.

When I right click the desktop and select "screen resolution" or "personalize" / "Change resolution"... I see a page that is blank except for the words
    "Page Failed to Load" I serched the internet but found no solutions that were any help. Microsoft says to contact my PC Mfg., Gateway (OEM license and no install disk aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrg!!!!!) Gateway's India based "support" Kindly told me to backup my data and go through a complete restore to factory setup. certainly I can do better han that!!!????

I tried updating and uninstall/reinstall of my Graphics card driver (AMD Radion HD 6750) -- NO JOY!

Does anyone here have any solutions or ideas???

Thanks-a-bunch-in-advance,
    Chuck
    Last edited by Brotman; 2012-04-17 at 23:52. Reason: add add'l comment re attempted solution

Thanks
    Make sure that the drivers you are updating.Are compatiable with 64bit windows.It very well could be that your monitor does not support the resolution that you want.Check the mfg web site to see.
    Just a shot in the dark here.Get a differnet or a new DVI-D cable hook it up.
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Try running a command prompt in admin mode and typing "sfc/scannow" without quotes. This will check if any system files are bad and attempt to repair them. May not resolve your problem but worth checking.
    Clive

All typing errors are my own work and subject to patents pending. Except errors by the spell checker. And that has its own patients.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for your replies:
    ----
    Try running a command prompt in admin mode and typing "sfc/scannow" without quotes. This will check if any system files are bad and attempt to repair them. May not resolve your problem but worth checking.
    ----

Did this no problems were found.
    ---
    Make sure that the drivers you are updating.Are compatiable with 64bit windows.It very well could be that your monitor does not support the resolution that you want.Check the mfg web site to see.
    Just a shot in the dark here.Get a differnet or a new DVI-D cable hook it up.
    ---
    Will check on 64-bit compatability, thanks. The monitor CAN'T NOT support the resolution I'm asking for! I can't even get to the page on which I would ask for a resolution, so I haven't had a chance to even request a new resolution.