Star Lounger
    Thanks

Recent Documents gone

I installed tweakui some time ago and had the "clear recent documents" option checked. I then removed tweakui from my system but the recent documents list still clears at reboot. I re-installed tweakui, made sure this option was not checked, but the list still clears every reboot or re-logon. I suspect a registry entry. Any ideas as to what tweakui changes or how I can get the recent document list to be maintained between reboots?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Recent Documents gone

Well, I searched for one of my "recent" document names in the registry and didn't find it, so I suspect it's NOT a registry fix, tho it could be. Do you have a folder called C:windowsrecent? Perhaps this was force-removed by tweakui, and it will take a registry entry to get it back. Take a look and let me know. I'm afraid to do a find on that path--it's probably all over the place.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Recent Documents gone

Okay, perhaps it is here. In my registry, I've got:

hkey_current_usersoftwaremicrosoftwindowscurrentve rsionexplorershell folders

On the right, the name is "Recent" and the data (location) is C:windowsrecent

Perhaps this key is missing from your registry? If you don't know how to edit your registry, let me know...