1. New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 2010 - images not properly displayed in email

In most email I receive, the imbedded images (safe senders/domain or "show pictures") are not correctly associated with the HTML tags in the message. For example, looking at a Windows Secrets (April 12, 2012), Figure 1. "Setting high-strength AES-256 encryption in 7-Zip" shows the face of a young woman with her mouth open. The image is being displayed larger than intended for this particular graphic because it's in the wrong place and therefore the wrong size. At first I thought the problem was with the email messages themselves, but every author can't be making the same mistakes, so it appears to be a problem with Outlook (I haven't tried another email client, because that's a major pain).

Does anyone have any thoughts on the cause of the problem and/or a fix?

Thanks

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    Ron,

Do you mean this picture?WackyWeb.PNG
    Or this one? Figure1.PNG
    Both display Ok for me.
    What are you using as your email display program? I'm using Word 2010 along w/Outlook 2010.
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

VBA Rules!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

4. New Lounger
    Thanks
    Wacky appears where Figure 1 should be. I'm using the default Outlook email client to display all messages, whether opened or in the preview pane.

5. New Lounger
    Thanks
    Additionally, it's often the case that some images will display properly (right size and in their proper location) and others, in the same email, will not. On at least one occasion I was trying to follow the steps described in a Windows Secrets article, but the screen shots were not displaying and therefore I was guessing from the text describing what I should do. The problem is not restricted to Windows Secrets; the problem seems to occur in any email, but not always. (My Scientific American newsletter articles sometimes have pictures in their proper positions and size and others are clearly not the assigned picture.