1. Star Lounger
    Thanks

Adobe Elements 9 slideshow to VCD and WMV: awful quality

I have just creating a long slideshow (~335 high quality slides) replete with music in Adobe Elements 9. I converted it to a wmv file and also burned a VCD disk. In both cases, the resolution of my high quality images in the slideshow is poor (wmv) to awful (VCD). I selected the highest quality options where I had a choice. The slides look like little thumbnails blown up 10,000%.

The VCD size is 250MB; my 335 slides should be close to 600 MB based on the size of the original pictures; no wonder the picture quality is terrible on the VCD. The wmv is 188MB, also way short of the 600MB.

The slideshow looks fine in Adobe Elements 9. What happened?

How can I export this slide show in max. quality?

System
    Alienware Aurora, Intel(R) Core(Tm) I7, Cpu 920 @ 2.67ghz; Intel64 Family 6 Model 26, Cpu Current Clock Speed: 2668mhz; 6gb Ddr3 Memory: Windows 7 Ultimate Edition 64 bit. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460, RAM 1024MB, Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio sound card

Thanks.

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

3. Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Update: I realized that NONE of the wmv files I created from my slideshow in AE9 have worked. The music background is fine, but the slides progress to a certain point and then they don't change again. The show is stuck on a slide about half way thru. This is awful. The VCD's have the same type of problem in addition to the quality issue.

Thoughts?

4. Star Lounger
    Thanks
    xx

5. 3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hmm, looks like your question might be best answered by other Adobe Elements users. Have you tried the Adobe user forums? Also, if you can't find a good answer, try downloading the free Irfanview program. It's easy to make slideshows with music, etc.
    Last edited by starvinmarvin; 2012-05-05 at 14:13.

6. Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I did try the Adobe Elements forum. My question has been sitting there untouched for several weeks. I have Infranview and several other programs that will create slideshows, but AE had the best enhancements. Sad.

Thanks
    Hi WSC3,

Sorry that you're having such difficulty getting an answer, or at least some hints, for your problem. If you haven't given up, consider giving the Photoshop Elements User site a try. The forum can be found here. You will also find a lot of useful tutorials, tips, etc. I hope that it will become a good resource for you. Good luck!

John
    Dell Inspiron 530 Intel Pentium E2180 dual core @2.00 GHz 4GB Ram Win7 64 bit

8. Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hey John,

I have the question posted there for several week. No response.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WSC3 View Post
    I did try the Adobe Elements forum. My question has been sitting there untouched for several weeks.
    I was afraid of that. I was hoping that you were referring to the official Adobe site. That was why I suggested a third-party Photoshop Elements enthusiasts' site to try. Well, don't give up. I'll wager that you'll eventually discover that the problem was caused by something simple that you were unaware of. Not that that will render the problem any less frustrating. I know that your project has involved a lot of time and effort.

John
    Dell Inspiron 530 Intel Pentium E2180 dual core @2.00 GHz 4GB Ram Win7 64 bit