Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

Windows 8: Making personal cloud storage available anywhere

The latest building Windows 8 blog post - Making personal cloud storage for Windows available anywhere, with the new SkyDrive.

Note: there is a link to download a preview of the new desktop Skydrive app.

Joe

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Skydive is 1 of the 'default App Tiles initially on Start. Sure affords a convenient, easy way to make use of Skydive. 3 cheers for FREE "Off Premise" data storage. Even, external drives can fail.

Drew

Thanks
    You should also note Joe that the "App" is also available for Windows 7 PC's. I've been using it for a couple of days now and really like the "NEW" SkyDrive. Because of the way that it now works, I have all but quit using LiveMesh meaning that when I save documents to my external hard drive they now sync automatically to my SkyDrive, and hence to my Windows Phone.
    Does the death knell toll for LiveMesh? no one is saying in the forum.
    I have heard of one "improvement" that might be coming, and that is the support for multiple accounts. That would be awesome. As it stands now, the only way to switch accounts is to Right click on the icon, choose settings then about and unlink and then set up to your other account.
    Last edited by t8ntlikly; 2012-04-26 at 11:51.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)