Thanks

Changes to SkyDrive

Microsoft has made 3 nice change2 to their SkyDrive storage cloud. they have downgraded the amount of storage from 25GB to 7GB. However if you already have a SkyDrive account you can get your account reset to 25GB for free by clicking on the appropriate link on your SkyDrive Page.
    the next change is that now you can no longer access your LiveMesh folders from within SkyDrive. They are now under Windows Live, "Devices" they have also made it so you can also now view them directly from the LiveMesh program.
    The last change is fantastic. You can now download an app for both Windows and Mac that integrates SkyDrive to Windows Explorer. Now you can save to, or Drag and drop files directly to your SkyDrive.!
    Last edited by t8ntlikly; 2012-04-23 at 14:01.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Here's an alternative which gives you 50GB free: http://www.adrive.com/personal_basic

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Xircal For This Useful Post:

bobprimak (2012-05-25)

Thanks
    Looks interesting!
    thanks
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    You're welcome.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t8ntlikly View Post
    Microsoft has made 3 nice change2 to their SkyDrive storage cloud. they have downgraded the amount of storage from 25GB to 7GB. However if you already have a SkyDrive account you can get your account reset to 25GB for free by clicking on the appropriate link on your SkyDrive Page.
    the next change is that now you can no longer access your LiveMesh folders from within SkyDrive. They are now under Windows Live, "Devices" they have also made it so you can also now view them directly from the LiveMesh program.
    The last change is fantastic. You can now download an app for both Windows and Mac that integrates SkyDrive to Windows Explorer. Now you can save to, or Drag and drop files directly to your SkyDrive.!

I have had a skydrive for a year or two (looks like my folders were created 1/14/2009), but after uploading a few files, I never used it. I logged in today, using my hotmail address. Those files are gone.

I cannot find anyplace to change from 7gig to 25 gig, except for the paid page.

I found skydrive hard to use back in 2009, especially compared to dropbox. I will play around and see how it works. Hey, 7 gigs free is not as good as 25, but better than nothing.

---dale

Thanks
    Don't know what to tell you about your files not being there. As for the 7G to 25G I think that that was only for a while.
    I'm going to start a new thread about DropBox, as I see no use for it with SkyDrive.
    Thanks John