Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

How to change Desktop clock font?

In win 7 is there a way to make the font of the desktop clock in the lower right corner larger and bolder?

Please reply.
    Catz

Thanks
    Hi Catz, AFAIK its not possible, but if clicked, it shows this :-

RR.PNG
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

mart44
    You could use T-Clock. Very customisable. A 64-bit version is available. Here's how I have it:

http://www.stoicjoker.com/TClock/

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mart44 For This Useful Post:

curiousclive (2012-04-30),vedlos (2012-05-04)

Thanks
    T-Clock will allow for font changes, thanks Mart44. I might have a look into this too.
    Untitled.jpg
    Last edited by CLiNT; 2012-04-30 at 13:56.

Thanks
    I did and when I tried to download it I needed to buy something and also when I opened my PC this morning my AV found at lesast 5 different items of malware on it that were related to the TClock downlod.
    How that happened, I don't know?????????
    Must have something to do with the download site.
    The author at the site for TClock stated that at one time he charged for the software, but decided to give it away for free, providing you try one of the offers provided after hitting "submit".
    I'll keep looking elseware.
    Thanks for the reply.
    Catz

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliez View Post
    I did and when I tried to download it I needed to buy something and also when I opened my PC this morning my AV found at lesast 5 different items of malware on it that were related to the TClock downlod.
    The author at the site for TClock stated that at one time he charged for the software, but decided to give it away for free, providing you try one of the offers provided after hitting "submit".
    Thanks for the reply.
    Where did you download from? Not via the link in post #3?

I can't see any evidence there that it has ever been anything other than totally free, nor any evidence of any malware or offers accompanying the download via that site.

Bruce
    Last edited by BruceR; 2012-04-27 at 14:00.

mart44
    Thanks for the reply.
    The page linked to is verified OK by Norton Safe Web and WOT. No warnings by MBAM Pro's HTTP scanning or Norton DNS. The download link at the top of the page leads to another page that is also verified by Norton Safe Web and WOT. Again, no warnings by MBAM Pro's HTTP scanning or Norton DNS. When the ZIP file is downloaded and unzipped, the folder containing the files scans OK with both NIS and MBAM. What with all that and the fact I've been using T-Clock freely for many months now, I don't know how I could be more sure that T-Clock and the links to its associated pages are OK. I've just been through the procedure of verifying the pages and downloading T-Clock again and can find nothing wrong.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    In win 7 is there a way to make the font of the desktop clock in the lower right corner larger and bolder?

Please reply.
    pauliez,
    Hello... You could use the Vista Gadgets (Clock) and others ...Post back if your interested, and I'll explain how to use them Regards Fred
    Attached Images Attached Images
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanks Super

I like that one.

Thanks again.
    Catz

mart44
    CLiNT's link is the one that the download option on T-Clock's description/home page ends up leading to. I can't think why it went wrong for you pauliez.

I looked for another clock when on a 'cutting down on resources' exercise. Sidebar.exe has to be enabled in order to have the Windows Gadgets clock showing. It is enabled by default. Task Manager shows a few different memory figures for Sidebar.exe (Working set - Peak working set etc.) but whichever one is taken as memory usage, it seems quite a lot just to run a clock. T-Clock takes only a fraction of that.

There are plenty of third party clocks to be found but I thought T-Clock the best. So I installed that and turned the Windows Sidebar off (Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows features on or off > Windows Gadget Platform). This freed up a bit of memory and gave the clock shown in post #3.

Edit: I feel that pauliez's post will have given me a doubtful reputation for posting questionable links. The research and experience that went into posting the link can be read about above (post #7). I don't recommend or usually discuss anything I haven't tried myself. I may not bother in future.
    Last edited by mart44; 2012-04-28 at 02:21.

Thanks
    The app itself is pretty decent, I have detected no ads or other malicious content that came with it. The program is a portable app that does not require any form of install, which makes it a lot more appealing.

Thanks
    Edit: I feel that pauliez's post will have given me a doubtful reputation for posting questionable links. The research and experience that went into posting the link can be read about above (post #7). I don't recommend or usually discuss anything I haven't tried myself. I may not bother in future.
    Not at all, the link wasn't hard to find, and the site is good.
    Downloading software off the internet, especially free software, is becoming ever increasingly confused with all the advertisings and other bad links.
    Some of us just need to slow down and pay attention to what we're clicking through.
    Last edited by CLiNT; 2012-04-30 at 21:03.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Your link worked fine as Clint said you have to look around the site to find the correct download link but if your careful there was no problems. Please don't let one post put you off assisting as for every one complainer they will be 100 glad of your help.
    Clive

All typing errors are my own work and subject to patents pending. Except errors by the spell checker. And that has its own patients.

Lounger
    Thanks

Tclock works fine.

I've used tclock for years without issues and to great effect. It's clean, compact, highly configurable, and has a few handy menu items. It doesn't even need installing - simply link the .exe to your startups.

As always, be careful whence you download stuff. I suggest for many needs, free- and shareware, starting at snapfiles.com. Everything there is rated by editors and readers and most apps are tested as well. I've used that site for more good stuff since before their name change.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast