1. Star Lounger
    Thanks

Mail merge all field from excel file into word template

I have a word template which has been setup to merge with an Excel list.

In the first field of the Excel list I have name field which is a merged field on the word template źName╗

In the Excel list right now I have two rows for names, but in the word template you have to proceed to Next Record to show the 2nd name.

How can I get both names to show up in the word template with having to modify the Excel list to list the 2nd name in a second column or is this the only solution for making both names viewable?

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    JRB,

By definition each row in Excel is considered a Record by Mailmerge. Thus the need to use the NextRecord to get at the second name. So yes you need to move the second name up into the appropriate record in a new column {field}.
    Of course this isn't the only solution but definately the easiest one! The other thing you could do would be to write VBA code then you can do what ever you want but that is much more involved.
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

VBA Rules!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RetiredGeek For This Useful Post:

jrb (2012-04-26)

5. Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you RG. That is what I ended up doing, making new columns and is 100% easier than messing with code. Thanks