New Lounger
    Thanks

Office Update of 4/11/2012 Screwed Up My Printers

Office Update of 4/11/2012 Screwed Up My Printers; I have a Deskjet 4100 and a Brother HL-5040. The Deskjet doesn't print colored cells nor cross-hatched cells, and the Brother doesn't print the cross-hatched nor shades the colored cells. What can I do to get them to print the way they did before the update?

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    Lanny,

Welcome to the lounge as a new poster.

I'd go to the HP & Brother sites and download the latest driver software from there and reinstall it. If that doesn't work my guess is that MS has disabled those options in Office by this update. You're only option then would to be trying to uninstall the update or reinstalling Office from your original CD. Of course if you have a recent Image Backup of your system you could restore from that after first saving your recently changed data to a safe place.
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

VBA Rules!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Lounge VIP, but I already tried the printer driver update route. I'll try the uninstall route.
    Lanny

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lanny1b1 View Post
    Office Update of 4/11/2012 Screwed Up My Printers; I have a Deskjet 4100 and a Brother HL-5040. The Deskjet doesn't print colored cells nor cross-hatched cells, and the Brother doesn't print the cross-hatched nor shades the colored cells. What can I do to get them to print the way they did before the update?
    You can uninstall the update:

1.Enter the Windows Update History
    2.Click on the Installed Updates link at the top of the View update history window
    3.Select a listed Windows Update that you want to uninstall, and click on the Uninstall toolbar button
    4.If prompted by UAC, then click on Yes or enter the administrator's password
    5.When done, close the Installed Updates window

You might be required to restart your computer. Hope this helps!
    Last edited by lax; 2012-05-02 at 09:39.