1. 2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Remove Duplicates across groups Access 2003

I have a report that has as the main group a "Location" at the location there are "Switches" on which there are "Keys" and connect to the Keys are Fittings. What I want is to show each of the controls only once but with a summary of the fittings for each switch and each Key. If I do not create groups I can control the the duplicates by checking the is visible property of the preceding heading. e.g. for the switch control iif(Location.isvisible,Switch,Null) etc, however as soon as I set up grouping unless I put each control in its own heading I cannot surpress duplicates. Any suggestions greatly appreciated .

Thanks

Peter

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

3. Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I'm having a little trouble visualizing the structure of your report, as I don't understand what you mean by "controls" - are you referring to a text box of some sort, or is there a data element called "Control" - would it be possible to post a sample of what you are getting, and a mockup of what you would like?
    Wendell

4. 2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Wendell

Thanks for your response I apologize for taking a while to get bcd to you.

I meant text boxes not controls sorry about that. I was hoping to attaché the entire DB but I discovered as you probably know you cannot do that. I will attach two shots one of a page of the report the other the report in design view which may help.

The report has what could be a number of groups. The first is the location of what I call Pad Location I use the isvisible on the PadID to show the location once, however because I also group on Key Name i would like to suppress the Pad Location even if the ID is visible but still the same location. PadType is suppressed using is visible and that needs to stay when the Key Name changes so the reverse if you will of what I want for Pad Location. Key Name and Light Fitting are suppressed using the duplicate function. Light location is also controlled by duplicates but that is not what I want as I would like the light location to repeat if the key name changes. If I use the invisible command that would suppress the light location if there were more than one fitting on a key which would be incorrect.

Hope I have not made this even more confusing, I really appreciate the help.

Take care

Peter
    Attached Images Attached Images