New Lounger
    Thanks

Remove Windows 7 from Recovery D

I tried Windows 8 Customer Preview and tried to remove it by reinstalling Windows 7 on my laptop. I mistakenly put Windows 7 on Recovery D and now apparently have a dual boot. I would like to remove Windows 7 from Recovery D and Windows 8 all together, and get things back to factory basics. Can anyone talk me through it please?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,162 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Hi,

Welcome to the Lounge.

You could probably just format d: from Windows 8, thus removing the Windows 7 version installed there. Then you can simply install Windows 7 by booting from the DVD and choosing a clean install and when asked to choose the partition, you need to choose C and also choose the current C partition to be formatted before the installation.
    You have a detailed explanation, with screens for the different steps here: http://www.techtalkz.com/windows-7/5...-tutorial.html

Thanks
    After clean installing Win 7 in C Drive, use Disk Manager to delete the D Drive then extend the C Drive to reclaim the space. Personally I prefer to use a 3rd partition partitioning app such as Partition Wizard or EaseUS Partition Magic. but if the partition you delete is behind the newly installed Win 7 partition then Win 7 Disk Manager can handle the chore.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy