Thread: AOC Monitor

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

AOC Monitor

I am running Windows XP SP3 with an AOC LM925 monitor. Recently the monitor has started showing the On Screen Display intermittently, obscuring what I am working on. It only says on for a brief period but is becoming annoying. Any ideas what is causing this or what can be done to stop it happening?

Thanks
    I suppose the monitor could be loosing the input signal intermittently from the graphics card. This could be caused by several different things. The easiest to fix would be to download drivers from the graphics card manufacturer and update these drivers through Device Manager. You could also check and/or swap put the cable. Beyond that you have 2 hardware choices, graphics card or monitor. If you have a PC tech you trust you might have it checked out by them.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    What exactly are we talking about here; temporary loss of signal display on monitor, or theMonitors properties configuration showing intermittently?*Check to ensure that the screen display buttons on the monitor are not sticking or otherwise soiled.*For hardware, ensure that all cables and contacts are firmly seated. If you have a add-on graphics card, ensure this is done especially for graphics cards. .(remove, clean, and reseat)

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    There is no loss of signal display on the monitor. All that happens is that the monitor has started showing the On Screen Display intermittently, obscuring what I am working on.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    As Clint suggested check that none of your monitor display buttons are not stuck in. Maybe dirt has got into the buttons and need cleaning.
    Clive

All typing errors are my own work and subject to patents pending. Except errors by the spell checker. And that has its own patients.