New Lounger
    Thanks

Can the items in the Control Panel be re-organized?

I seem to remember seeing a helpful hint somewhere awhile back about how to change the display order of the items in the Control Panel so that the things you use most like "Program Features", "fonts", or "Sound" could be in the top left corner of the window and the things you never use could be in the bottom right corner. It was an idea to make the Control Panel more functional.

Does anyone know if this IS indeed possible and how to go about it?

I'm using Win7 64bit on a Toshiba laptop.

Thanks
    If there is I don't know about it. All the sort properties are blanked out for the control panel.
    But you may short cut what you want to the desktop and then place them in a new folder where they can be arranged to your liking.
    You can even give the new folder the control panel's icon and name it "Control Panel".

Thanks
    Hi Mike

WSL.JPG

You can 'Pin' your most used programs to the 'Start Menu' & have it like this.

Untitled.png
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    When you open control panel you can right click the icon in task-bar and choose pin to task-bar.
    Then right clicking the icon will show recent used in the jump list and you can pin certain items to the list so always there (such as device manager). very useful these pinned items and jump lists are.
    Clive

All typing errors are my own work and subject to patents pending. Except errors by the spell checker. And that has its own patients.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roderunner View Post
    Hi Mike

WSL.JPG

Untitled.png
    That picture seems to be of win XP. OP has win 7 64bit where you can also pin the control panel icon to the task-bar (much easier only one click to open it instaed of two.
    Clive

All typing errors are my own work and subject to patents pending. Except errors by the spell checker. And that has its own patients.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by curiousclive View Post
    That picture seems to be of win XP. OP has win 7 64bit where you can also pin the control panel icon to the task-bar (much easier only one click to open it instaed of two.
    I'm using 'Classic Theme' in Win7 Home Premium. It makes my low spec pc run faster.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roderunner View Post

Untitled.png
    But those aren't pinned items. That's all Control Panel items Displayed as a menu.

Bruce