5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Creating similar setups for multiple users

I am setting up Outlook 2010 on Windows Server 2008 R2. Outlook is installed on the server and is used by four users who log on via remote desktop connections.

I understand that most of the setup details for each user (including mailboxes, addresses, rules, and categories) are stored in a single PST file in ...[User]\My Documents\Outlook Files\.

I understand that signatures and templates for each user are stored in ...[User]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Signatures\ and ...\Templates\.

As the four users have similar requirements for their mailboxes, addresses, rules, categories, signatures, and templates, is it possible to set these up for one user and simply copy that user's PST, signature and template files into the other users' folders, and then customize the email accounts and any other details for each user as needed?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 925 Posts
    See Where does Outlook 2010 save information for details about where various files are stored.

There will probably still be settings in the local registry that are not easily identified.

Joe