New Lounger
    Thanks

word in win7 refuses perm. change of background color

win 7ultimate, word 2007, cant remove the dark grey background...as a permanant setting, sure i can change the page color for 'a doc' but to make it stay white by default??? HELP drivin me NUTZ....many thank you's...rick

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Are you saying that the entire page shows a grey background?

If so, check what your Normal style is set to in the template, or your character/font default.

If you're changing the Normal style in a single doc and have Word set to update styles from the template, you're overwriting the change each time.

- Jessica

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Jessica Thanks so very much, you are a love....This is essentially what I did, although it had no 'word options' I went into a 'normal' and killed "turn off the Prompt before saving Normal template option.
    To turn off this option, click the Microsoft Office Button, click Word Options, (which I dont have ) and then click Advanced. Under Save, clear the Prompt before saving Normal template check box. If this check box is already clear, or if clearing it does not resolve this issue, then there may be a problem with Word."
    You remind me of the old days of computing, when one could ask a question, and always get help, thats right on...thanks rick