5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Favorites/Bookmarks Icons

After cleaning my computer (CCleaner) and/or cleaning the registry (jvPT16 2011), I've lost the icons that appear alongside the bookmarks in Firefox or favorites in IE. The icons are recreated when I go to the sites the first time, but I'd like to know how to protect them, as I find them helpful in visually scanning for a site (I realize not all sites have unique icons).
    ??Is there a setting to exclude these icons from being deleted in future clean-ups??

Thanx in advance,

Zig

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Check out AM-deadlink. It checks the links and allows you to save the favicon for sites.

Joe

Thanks
    Recommend not using jvPT16 2011 on a regular cleaning basis, only for very specific directed cleanups.
    I see the same behavior from time to time but I'm not concerned about it because they still work as links.
    You may want to stert playing around with CCleaners settings a little more, like excluding TIF files or something
    similar that the icon cache uses to maintain icons.

Or you could simply just use the default explorer and firefox built in clean up utilities and reserve CCleaner for periodic major jobs.
    CCleaner will clear out your browsers icon cache, the default built in IE can be configured to save them...
    Untitled.jpg
    Last edited by CLiNT; 2012-05-03 at 20:37.