Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

"Write Protected" System Image Problem

My friend's OS is XP with SP3.

She inadvertently deleted 2 images created with the latest version of the Macrium Reflect Free program, which I needed to be able to restore after reinstalling XP for her.

I was able to recover the images,using the Recuva program, and mount them using Macrium.However, when I try to open the mounted images I am unable to do so as I am told they are write protected.

If anyone can tell me how to remove the write protection feature from the mounted images I would be very grateful.

Thanks and regards, Roy
    OS Dual Boot Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit & Windows 7 Pro With SP1 64 bit. (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Roy,
    Hello... I use Macrium version 5 build 4432 and have XP Pro-SP3 and can open any of my mounted Images ( even copy) ...I have had trouble with the newer versions and haven't figured out whats going on with them yet... I think that the "Deleted Images" have been corrupted ...Try making a new Image and testing it ( Mounting and Exploring) ... Regards Fred

PS: don't think that you can modify a Image ...but should be able to open and explore it
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

Thanks
    Did you try right clicking on the file and select properties? See if the read only attribute is set.

Jerry

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    The images were not set as read only.

I know this seems strange, but although I couldn't open the mounted images, as I said, when I booted my friend's computer normally, when I did so from her Macrium rescue cd I could open them and explore all the folders!

Any comments?

Regards, Roy
    OS Dual Boot Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit & Windows 7 Pro With SP1 64 bit. (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Could it be this?

"When you mount an Image, such as right clicking on the backup in Windows Explorer and select 'Explore'. In the dialog where you select the drive letters to open, down in the bottom left hand corner of the dialog you need to tick checkbox 'Enable Access to Restricted Folders' before you click on 'OK'."
    http://support.macrium.com/topic.asp...ID=4336&#13790

Bruce

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Bruce,thanks but I already knew about this and always tick that checkbox when mounting Macrium images.

Roy Whitethread