Lounger
    Thanks

Publisher 2010 crashes when opening a file

We have a Publisher 2010 file that we were working on.
    Now, when we attempt to open it, the file appears to load and then brings up an error message and crashes the program.
    We have attempted to open the file on a different computer with the same results.
    Since we can't get into the file, I have no way to figure out what is causing this.
    There appears to be almost nothing online that I can find that relates to Pub 2010.
    Any ideas?

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Have you tried opening Publisher in safe mode. See Publisher 2007 command line switches. Should still apply to Publisher 2010.

Joe

Lounger
    Thanks
    Yeah, already attempted that. Still nothing. It is just odd that the file opens, you can see the first page, the other pages show the thumbnails on the left and then the program shows the error message and shuts down.
    Other files all open fine, including going back to a prior version of the same file. That earlier version is just missing a lot that was added.
    Jeff

Administrator
    Thanks
    What is the error message?

Have you checked the application event log for more information?

Do you have Sp-1 installed?

Joe

Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes, I have SP1 installed. I can;t check for the error message since we replaced the file with the older, recovered version.
    But thanks for the replies.