Lounger
    Thanks

SP1 Backup Files

I need to uninstall SP1 to be able to do an upgrade install to fix a problem with my computer, but SP1 won't uninstall. I assume all the backup files are missing, have tried to find them using disk cleanup but they are not listed. I have a laptop with the same operating system installed (windows 7 64bit). If someone can tell me where to find the backup files would I be able to copy them from the laptop and install to the same location on my PC.
    Cheers John.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    John,

A better way to do this is to download and burn an .iso file of the appropriate Win7 SP1 installation disc for the flavor & bittedness of Win 7 that you're using, then use it for your reinstall. No need to uninstall SP1 (though you WILL have to reinstall the updates, etc.). P.S.: this is legal.

http://techdows.com/2011/07/download...oad-links.html

Zig

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zig For This Useful Post:

Ickabod (2012-05-05)

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you for the reply Zig, I have done that but it hangs at the very last stag of the install after you put your key in. I think it is because I have an OEM install, although it is not locked I think when it tries to activate it knows the difference and hangs. My OEM disc does not have SP1, hence if I can find the backup files on my laptop I might be able to transfer them.
    Cheers John.