Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Unable to establish internet connection

I just installed Win 7 Pro 32 bit on my friend's computer,in place of the XP Home OS she had before.She shared my internet connection over LAN, but for some reason I can't connect to the internet on her machine now.

She has a Ralink LAN card and I installed the Ralink app from her Ralink cd, and entered the correct WEP security code. She did not have this problem with XP.

If anyone can help me resolve this problem I would be very grateful.

Thanks and regards,
    Roy
    OS Dual Boot Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit & Windows 7 Pro With SP1 64 bit. (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Roy,

Sounds like a Lan Card (NIC) driver issue to me. The XP drivers will not work on Win 7 as Win 7 requires signed drivers. I'd check the manufactures site for the proper Win 7 driver, download it and install.
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    RG,thanks but my problem is that I don't know which driver to download.

Device Manager describes the Lan Card as "RT61 Turbo Wireless Lan Card".

If you, or anyone,could give me the right download link I would be very grateful.

Thanks and regards, Roy
    OS Dual Boot Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit & Windows 7 Pro With SP1 64 bit. (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    See RaLink RT61 drivers for download links.

Joe

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello Joe and thanks, but please see the following message I have just sent to Radar Sync:

"I need to download the latest driver for the Ralink RT61 Turbo Wireless LAN card for my friend's Win 7 Pro 32 bit computer.I was given a link to download the driver but it turned out to be a download link for your program. The problem is I cannot install your program on my friend's machine because without the Ralink driver she cannot connect to the internet. I could install your program on my machine but I assume it will then scan for drivers for my machine, and I don't need any. I just need the Ralink driver for my friend.

Please advise how this problem can be overcome, and how much your program costs.

Your URGENT reply would be appreciated."

Joe, I don't really want RadarSync on my machine or my friend's, unless there is no other way of getting the Ralink driver. Do you or does anyone have a direct link for the driver download?

Further help would be appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
    Roy

Roy Whitethread

Thanks
    Put the download on a,Thumb drive.A 2gb would do for sure.You can get one @ any Radio Shack,Walmart.Most any place that sells electronics.They are pretty cheap btw.
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Joe, I am pleased to say that I finally found a Ralink driver that worked for my friend.

I went to the following link:

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/3...t2500-etc.html

and from there downloaded and installed the driver referred to in the top link.

Best regards, Roy

Roy Whitethread