New Lounger
    Thanks

Unhappy Desktop irritant!

I have a challenge for you, Oh Exalted Windows Wizards! I do voiceover work. I recently sent an mp3 file using YouSendIt.com. Afterwards, I decided to put a "shortcut" on my desktop...since I use them regularly. What resulted was an enigma that I can't solve. The "shortcut" that now resides on my desktop is an annoying 4"-square "window" showing the upper-left corner of the YouSendIt.com web page. However, it has no border; I can't move it or size it, I can't delete it. It has "scroll bars" and will let me scroll around their webpage, but that's it! The tekkies at YouSendIt.com generously spent about 2 hours moving around on my monitor as I gave control of my screen to them. The only clue to it was something found in my TaskManager called ASborders.exe. Together we deleted that and re-booted numerous times, but it had no effect. Any clue what I did? How I got it? What is it? How do I get rid of it? It's annoying! Get rid of it and I'll voice anything for you!

Thanks
    You do not say what OS you have but have you tried turning active desktop off?
    Do you "Believe"? Do you vote? Please Read:
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    DETAIL in your question promotes DETAIL in my answer.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(

Thanks
    Run a AV/AM scan preferably in safemode with this.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Not sure what I'm doing here...am I replying to Russ? Or Clint? Or both? OS is Windows XP Pro protected by Norton 360. Not sure what "Active Desktop" is or how to turn it off and what that will do to everything. Clint...wondering how downloading a new malware program and scanning computer with it will help...and/or interfere with Norton. I'm game...just not sure what to do. Appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks
    How to enable or disable Windows Active Desktop

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free may offer an independant antimalware scan that will not interfere with Norton.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Desktop irritant

Clint...Russ
    THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Going in to turn off Active Desktop, on the "Webpage" tab, I found "YouSendIt" with a checkmark in the box.
    Removed the check mark, and Voila! Irritant GONE. Thank you guys so much!
    (Now I have to tell the tekkie dolts at YouSendIt.com how simple it was!)