5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 2010: One contact with two addresses

We are migrating from Eudora 7 to Outlook 2010. Some of our contacts have more than one email address, and in Eudora we can save one contact with two addresses, then when we select that one contact from the address book, both addresses are included in the To field. How can we do this in Outlook? (We want to save/select one contact as one entry with two addresses, not as duplicate entries with one address each.)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Outlook supports multiple email addresses per contact.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for your reply. Can you explain how to do this? I note that the contact form has three email address fields (Email1, Email2, Email 3); however, if I enter an address in the Email1 field and another address in the Email2 field, then this creates one contact with one address and another contact with the other address (i.e., duplicate contacts with the same name), so I have to select two contacts for the To field when sending an email, whereas I want to have just one contact with two addresses, so I can select just the one contact for the To field and have both addresses inserted in one step.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Why do you say it creates two contacts? I see only one, when I view it in Outlook contacts. When searching, you will see two email addresses, but it is a single contact. As far as I can tell you will have to select one and it won't automatically add the two addresses when you choose the contact.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have now found that if a contact has multiple addresses, then they are listed together in the Contacts module and are inserted together when the contact is selected from there, but they are listed separately in the Address book within the Email module and can only be selected separately from there.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Murgatroyd View Post
    I have now found that if a contact has multiple addresses, then they are listed together in the Contacts module and are inserted together when the contact is selected from there, but they are listed separately in the Address book within the Email module and can only be selected separately from there.
    Yep, that's what I said in my previous post. That's how Outlook works.