2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Microsoft Windows Movie Maker 2.6 leaves unremovable screen debris

Windows Movie Maker 2.6 (an older program, I know, which I installed and am using on my Windows 7 computer because I like it better than Microsoft's more recent video editor) has started misbehaving, leaving remains on my screen, visual debris, that can only be removed by rebooting. Today, for example, after I edited a video and saved it, my screen still shows an area of WMM's Save dialogue box, a long blue rectangle with Save Movie File on its left and Ctrl-P on its right. It remains on top of everything else on my screen. Opening new programs, surfing to various webpages, and other such attempts to overwrite that screen area have not worked. This is not a major hindrance to productivity, but it is a real annoyance. Getting rid of it would be nice, but I'm even more curious to understand why it happens. I've used WMM for a long time without this ever cropping up before.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi there,

Do the following.
    1. Create a shortcut to XP Movie Maker version on your desktop (if there isn't one already there).
    2. Next, right click the shortcut and go to "Properties".
    3. Next, click the "Compatibility" tab and then choose: "Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows XP".
    4. Click Apply/OK.