I've got a question or two for the collective brainpower on this forum. First some background:

I work the Helpdesk for a large company. We've got a branch office about a mile down the road with 5 computers. All run WinXP Pro SP3. There's a server over there, but I have no details. I'm told we have a VPN tunnel connection with that office through a well-known ISP over DSL.

The Problem: Connectivity with LAN resources is sketchy; Outlook, for example, often can't connect to the Exchange server. I see lots of Event ID: 1054, 1006, and 1030 errors in the Application logs; and Event ID: 40960 & 40961 errors in the System logs.

What I've done: Disabled "MediaSense" (MS KB 239924). Forced Kereberos to use TCP vice UDP (MS KB 244474). Disabled Windows XP Fast Logon Optimization via reg key (Description of the feature at MS KB 305923).

I now get just a few (per day) 1054 errors. I'd like to get it down to zilch, but I think that will involve a hand-off to our network guys. My supervisor wants to try everything possible before we admit "defeat" and get them involved. So ... any ideas?