lajah

Duplicate pages in graphics reports (Access 97)

Hi

I'm having a problem with charts generated via MS Chart
    and incorporated into the reports. Each data point seems to generate its own page,
    each with exactly the same graph showing - I end up with reports hundreds of pages long.

What am I doing wrong?

Regards
    Lyndall

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Duplicate pages in graphics reports (Access 97)

Hi,
    I have the same problem. A number of records in query corresponds to the number of pages in a report.
    If I delete a chart and go thru the hasle to create another one, the new one works fine, just like the original did before got corrupted.
    Any help will be appreciated

Regards
    Tom

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

There is a known problem with charts in Access 97 reports: sometimes Access seems to forget the link between the report's record source and the chart's control source. The solution is to include the link explicitly in the chart's control source. See MSKB article ACC97: Graph 97 Chart Object Does Not Update Display Correctly for details of the problem and the resolution.

New Lounger
    Thanks

HansV,
    Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I already have SR-1 installed and the problem still exists.
    Any other ideas to try? It looks like that only some of the reports are corrupted this way.
    Regards
    Toms

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

As indicated in the MSKB article, the problem was only solved partly in SR1. I would recommend trying the workaround described in the article, even if at first sight it doesn't ssem to apply to your case. Post back if that doesn't work, if if you need assistance in applying the workaround.