Thanks

Folder Name Change

I have two Documents folders in different locations with the same name...
    It's necessary to have them because a program I have specifically looks for a Documents folder with a certain path that I cannot change in the program.

Sometimes, when using the program I get confused and use the wrong Documents folder that the program doesn't recognize.

To distinguish between the two I would like to change one of the folders names to, for example, DocumentsP.

Is there a way to add the P to the folder name so the program recognizes the programs original name and ignores the P in the folder name..
    "If You Are Reading This In English, Thank A VET"

Thanks
    Never mind guys, I just changed the folder icon...

Sometimes the simple solutions elude me...

Thanks
    You just followed the K.I.S.S. principle. Very nice!
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    Hi Banyarola, I have never moved my Docs folder as I never save anything to it. All my downloads or items I want to save are saved to the Desktop.
    In your case, if you keep the original Docs folder in it's original location, you could create two new sub folders inside it and name them as you want. Then make a shortcut to one of them in your other location.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

Thanks
    I'm with you Bany, I like to keep my desktop free of everything possible. I save nothing to the desktop so I can see the desktop background there. (I set my desktop background to rotate through about 100 landscapes I have in a themes folder) I have moved all data folders including My Documents (really anything Windows easily allows to be moved) to my Data Partition so that if I have to restore my OS Images, my data is left untouched. Plus this way it's easy to keep my data synced from either my Win 7 partition or my Win 8 CP partition. Both point to the same data folders on the data drive. And my desktops on both OS's are almost icon free... cool!
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    Well RR, it's kinda hard to explain but in XP I have a program I use for my website that kept all it's data in the My Documents folder with no option to change the path.

As you know, in Windows 7 there is no My Documents folder. It's now called DOCUMENTS.

The path in XP was c:/Username/MyDocuments/AAAAwebsite

So what I had to do was create a new path in C on Windows 7 and copy the data folder I had in XP to a path named exactly like the one in XP.

Actually, I now have TWO My Documens folders. The normal one in Windows 7 which I use for everything and the one I made in the C root drive of Windows 7 which only has my website data.

The only thing I keep in the new My Documents folder is the Data file from the program I used in XP but sometimes I have to use other items in My Documents for the program so that's where the confusion came in because I would sometimes pick the wrong folder.

Thanks
    Ted, I use Fences on my desktop and have it all sorted that way..

Unlike you, my desktop is full of stuff in Fences except cookie crumbs which remain on my couch.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Banyarola View Post
    Well RR, it's kinda hard to explain but in XP I have a program I use for my website that kept all it's data in the My Documents folder with no option to change the path.

As you know, in Windows 7 there is no My Documents folder. It's now called DOCUMENTS.

The path in XP was c:/Username/MyDocuments/AAAAwebsite

So what I had to do was create a new path in C on Windows 7 and copy the data folder I had in XP to a path named exactly like the one in XP.

Actually, I now have TWO My Documens folders. The normal one in Windows 7 which I use for everything and the one I made in the C root drive of Windows 7 which only has my website data.

The only thing I keep in the new My Documents folder is the Data file from the program I used in XP but sometimes I have to use other items in My Documents for the program so that's where the confusion came in because I would sometimes pick the wrong folder.
    Hope its sorted.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

Thanks
    Thanks RR, it's been fine for a long time now ever since I started with W7

I was just my getting confused with two My Documents folders but now since I changed the icon I wont make the mistake of using the wrong folder.