Thread: Blueray to PC

New Lounger
    Thanks

Blueray to PC

Have a Samsung Blueray DVD player that connects to my network with which I can watch Netflux movies. Is there a way a can directly access a folder on my desktop PC that's on the network? Would like to go to my photo folder to show pictures on the big flat-screen TV. Thanks

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Am I to assume there is no way to connect my blueray to my PC? --Mke

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Mike,

Welcome to the lounge as a new poster!

I don't know what model you have but my model C5500 allows this see page 56 of the user manual. You can download your specific user manual from the Samsung web site.
    All Share.JPG
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a networked Sony Blu-ray player which allows me to view photos and play music stored on my Win7 PC without any additional software. Win7 takes care of everything.

Providing your player is DLNA complaint, Win7 will recognize it (when it's turned on,) and display it as a Media Device when you click on Network from Windows Explorer. Select the icon and then right click on it. The first option is Streaming Media Options. Select that and the player will be listed along with any other devices which can stream media. Select Allow for the player, and make sure Allow is also set for Media Programs at the top of the list. Click OK.

At that point your Blu-ray player should be able to see your PC as a media server. Select it and follow through to get to the media file you want. One peculiarity with my Sony player is my PC shows up as a Music, a Photo and a Video server (three times). If I want to look at photos, I have to select the "photo" server. If I start by selecting the "music" server, I'll eventually get a message that there are no photo files to view. Hopefully your Samsung will be more straightforward.

Photos streamed through my Sony Blu-ray player produce very impressive images on my 42" flat panel TV. Panoramic photos fill the entire screen from side to side just like a wide screen movie.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks

Thanks, guys. Am now looking at the pics on the PC. The best advice was read the manual !