Thread: mouse

New Lounger
    Thanks

mouse

Trouble when I click on the "dial-up" icon to access the internet. Can anybody tell me why my mouse pointer freezes in the middle of the screen, but I still have an *invisible* mouse and am able to click on desktop icons (like groping in the dark)? What can be done about it? I scanned for viruses, but found none. Thanks for any assistance.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: mouse

It looks like you need more memory. You need at least 64 MB RAM to run basic stuff smoothly, 128 MB is much better.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

...and at the moment it's as cheap as it's likely to get. Try <A target="_blank" HREF=http://crucial.com>Crucial</A>

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

On the other hand, too much RAM may also cause problems with the vcache going out of control in Me and 98. Anything past 256MB and you may need to limit the size of the vcache.
    We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

You might try these two things.

1) Download updated video drivers. If you need help figuring out what to do post it here and we'll pitch in.

2) Get updated mouse drivers. If you are using a LogiTech mouse, get the latest version of Mouseware. If it's a Microsoft mouse get the latest Intellipoint update.

Microsoft Mouse Downloads

FYI, both of these mouse updates will work with a standard, two button critter. You need the right software if your mouse has advanced features, such as multiple buttons, the wheel....etc.
    -Mark