New Lounger
    Thanks

Desktop Icons for Mounted Volumes in Win7?

Is there any utility or setting which will put an icon on the desktop when a new drive (such as a truecrypt drive)
    is mounted and remove it when the drive is dismounted? The utility I used in XP doesn't remember icon locations
    in Win7-64 and I'm hoping there's a replacement somewhere.

Thanks
    This might be what you are looking for?:http://techie-buzz.com/softwares/dri...s-desktop.html
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sehlat View Post
    Is there any utility or setting which will put an icon on the desktop when a new drive
    sehlat,

Hello... There is a free program i use Winbubbles There main site seems to be under repair , but found this other where you can download the program ...Regards Fred
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    That's the "utility I used in XP" I mentioned. Probably should have given the name. I've reported the problem with Desktop Media to the developer, but I'm not expecting a quick answer.

Thank you.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain Fred View Post
    sehlat,

Hello... There is a free program i use Winbubbles There main site seems to be under repair , but found this other where you can download the program ...Regards Fred
    I checked, and couldn't find any mention of drive icons on the desktop anywhere in the features list for Winbubbles. Thanks.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sehlat View Post
    I checked, and couldn't find any mention of drive icons on the desktop anywhere in the features list for Winbubbles. Thanks.
    sehlat,
    Hello... I'm using version 1.76 but still think that the new version is the same ... you might try and do a search for 1.76 as Winbubbles site is being repaired ...Normally you can get it there Regards Fred
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Just Plain Fred; 2012-05-17 at 12:00.
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

Thanks

New Lounger
    Thanks
    As far as I can tell, Winbubble allows you to set/customize the icons, but it does not monitor for mounted/dismounted drives and place/remove a matching icon on the desktop for either event. Desktop Media does just that, but doesn't remember the icon locations in Win7X64.