mikiba

Revision Marks (office2k)

we are working with templates in which the chapters name is automatically inserted in the header. when we put in revision marks for the second time after accepting and updating the first ones the old revision marks appear in the header. how can I make them disappear. I do not want the old revision marks to appear in the header.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Revision Marks (office2k)

It is probably the process of the chapter name being updated that causes it to be marked with revision marks, since Word doesn't know the difference between an automatic update and a manual one, as far as revision marks go. You can view the header/footer and accept the revision marks.
    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position or opinion of WCNOC.

mikiba

I wanted to know is how can I make the old revision marks not to appear when I make new ones.
    I don't want the recepient side to see them when they add new revision marks.

Thanks

Is a human manually "accepting" the revision marks or is it done in a VBA procedure? The latter might require additional gymnastics to get into the headers in the first place. If it's code, please post the relevant portion. If it's a human, do a quick test to see if, in fact, the headers are getting updated correctly in your document.