5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Windows Live Mail Font Size

My friend's OS is Win 7 Pro 32 bit with SP1 and she has the latest version of Windows Live Mail.

She wants me to increase the font size in WLM. I went to the IE9 accessibility options and checked the option to "Ignore font......", and also went to View\Text size and checked largest, but her WLM font size remains the same.

Help resolving this would be appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
    Roy
    OS Triple Boot Win 7 Pro 64 Bit-SP1 with IE11, Win 8.1 Pro 64 Bit with IE11 & Windows 10 TP (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    From in your WLM client, go to options, mail, "compose".
    The menu will look like this...
    Untitled.jpg
    This works to increase the font size for letters that you are composing and sending to others.
    In all likelyhood, this is what she is aking you to do[??]

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CLiNT For This Useful Post:

royw (2012-05-18)

Thanks
    Hi Roy, open Options > Read tab > Font.

RR.jpg

This will increase the font reading size depending on source of the message.
    George's PC Specs. / Laptop. Desktop.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Roderunner For This Useful Post:

royw (2012-05-18)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi CLiNT and Roderunner and thanks.

My friend has one other irritant with WLM. On my machine WLM always opens with the Home ribbon pane at the top of the window,with the various panes, includind Send/Receive,available for selection.On her machine she has to select the Home ribbon every time she starts WLM and the ribbon disappears as soon as she,for example,opens a message.If you can please tell me how to resolve this I would be grateful.

Thanks and regards,Roy
    OS Triple Boot Win 7 Pro 64 Bit-SP1 with IE11, Win 8.1 Pro 64 Bit with IE11 & Windows 10 TP (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by royw View Post
    My friend has one other irritant with WLM. On my machine WLM always opens with the Home ribbon pane at the top of the window,with the various panes, includind Send/Receive,available for selection.On her machine she has to select the Home ribbon every time she starts WLM and the ribbon disappears as soon as she,for example,opens a message.If you can please tell me how to resolve this I would be grateful.

Thanks and regards,Roy
    Hi Roy,
    their is a drop box top left of the page in WLM that gives quick links for certain actions plus minimize the ribbon and its location above or below. Its rather difficult to explain as I use WLM version 2009 so can't show an image.

Thanks
    I believe this might be what you are looking for:

MinimizeRibbon.jpg
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Medico For This Useful Post:

royw (2012-05-18)

Thanks
    Roy, Ted has kindly supplied the image in question. If you untick the 3 items, then tick which ever one you want to display first, it will show on the left, the next one will be to the right of it. Unfortunately, most of the icons are very similar, so you will need to hover the cursor on them to see what it does. On my version of WLM 2009, its shows the six I use with the option of adding many more.

RR.JPG

Thanks
    The default WLM font size when it comes to reading email is actually quite terrible. Even at "largest" setting, there is no other way in WLM to enlarge the font to be able to read other peoples email that were sent to you, unless they themselves have created a larger font, without the operating system's accessability tools (magnifier)...or overall enlarging of the screen.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks to everyone who contributed. The image supplied by Ted solved the problem.

Best regards,Roy

Roy Whitethread

Thanks
    Glad I could supply a little assistance here. Have a great weekend everyone.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy