New Lounger
    Johnson City, Tn.

Question I used the new program "Reimage", and it nearly destroyed my Win.7PRO.

I ran the program, and settings disappeared. Even my settings between editing software and my printer were wiped away. I then was trying to change the sounds for everything that Windows does, using the Windows sound editing area. Most I use NO sound, except for incoming mail. So, I was in the process of setting most of the sounds to "no sound", and all of a sudden, it disappeared! All that was left were the folders with the Win. 7 programmed sound files with no where to disable a sound, for a Window operation, like "critical stop", etc. What can I do, as I have tried everything I know to do, which is very little. I did notify the company. Please help if anyone can out there, and thanks
    P.S. I did try reversing Reimage, but it didn't help at all.

California & Arizona
    You might start with a simple "sfc /scannow".
    Type or paste "sfc /scannow" into the run box without the quotes and hit enter.

If the above doesn't help rectify the operating system issues then you may need to do a repair install.

Win7′s no-reformat, nondestructive reinstall
    Official Windows 7 SP1 ISO from Digital River

You will only be able to do the nondestruct reinstall if you are able to boot into Windows.
    If you cannot boot into Windows 7, then you will need to do the full clean install, so check your
    computer's documentation to determine what type of reinstall will be possible, as different manufactures
    and computer models will have differing types of reinstall media; OEM image disk/image vs on-the-partition recovery image.
    Last edited by CLiNT; 2012-05-17 at 09:49.