New Lounger
    Thanks

Preferences across networked computers

Hi.

I sign in to several different networked computers a day, each in different classrooms and one in my office. They are all networked together, but all the desktops, taskbars, StartMenus, application prefs etc. are all different. Is there some way to copy settings from my office laptop to all these networked computers so I have a consistent interface across all the computers in my day?

Thanks much for whatever you can offer.

Don.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Don,

The easiest way I can think of to make sure all the machines are the same would be to take an Image Backup of your office machine then restore the image on the other machines and use the Microsoft Product Key Update instructions to fix the product keys. Of course this assumes that the hardware and software are the same on all the machines as driver problems will result otherwise. These problems can be resolved if you have the drivers downloaded to a removable device first but could be a problem to get fixed.

Another option would be to use the Microsoft System Settings Transfer tool but I don't think it will get all the settings.

See this post on transferring Word settings.

Good Luck.
    Last edited by RetiredGeek; 2012-05-20 at 06:51.
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Much obliged, LoungeVP. This is the best answer I've gotten in two years asking.