New Lounger
    Thanks

System Restore Help

My desktop won't run properly anymore so I decided to do a system restore. It's got windows vista and I'm only able to use the safemode command prompt. When I try starting it up normally it automatically freezes up and I can't click on anything. I've tried many different ways and it results in saying there is no restore point and I must create one. I try to create one by opening this...

systemprop.png

But there is no system protection tab on it on my screen, thus I cannot create a restore point. I would really love some help on this because my computer is pretty much useless unless I can restore it. If I can't find a way to restore it, is there an easier way to just delete everything from my computer and start over?

Thanks
    If you cannot locate a restore point there is little point in attempting to create one now.

Look into doing a repair of the OS;

1. From the command prompt use the: "sfc /scannow" command to attempt a repair.

2. Perform a repair install of Windows Vista.

3. Complete format and reinstall, or OEM factory reinstall depending upon your make and model of computer.

Thanks
    Can you boot into Safe Mode? If you can, set up a Clean Boot . If the computer doesn't hang, use the diagnostic procedures in the article to find the culprit.

Jerry