Lounger
    Thanks

Automatic Updates failure

I get the little yellow shield in my tray stating that updates are available. I install them and get the message that everyting was installed and good to go. Thirty seconds later, if not sooner, I get the same message about updates being available. They are the same updates. No message about having to restart my computer but I did anyway with no luck. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks.

The updates are (KB2518864), (KB2572073) and (KB2633880). These mostly deal with Security Updates for .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 & 3.5 SP1 and for Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP2.

Thanks
    I'm seeing a lot of posts around the 'net with this, or a similar, issue, see here: http://windowssecrets.com/forums/sho...o-update-fails it may be the same as you're seeing.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you. I see I'm not the only one with this problem. I'll wait until Microsoft wakes up.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    To save me writing it all out all over again, please see my post here which explains what the problem is and includes screenshots on how to disable the three patches which keep reappearing: Automatic Updates failure

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Glad I checked this forum today! I had a gut feeling that I should do so, after getting the update notice (I usually go ahead and download them). If this is a common problem it sounds as though we should wait, which is what I recently read Susan saying in her patch article. She waits till the weekend after updates to download them, I believe she said. Then one can hope that the bugs are worked out.