Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: How to repeat two music clips
2012-05-22, 11:21 #1
- Join Date
- Jan 2001
- West Long Branch, New Jersey, USA
- Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
How to repeat two music clips
I'll admit up front that my music/multimedia knowledge is very limited.
What I'm trying to do is take 2 songs, take clips out of them, and play them repeatedly.
What I've done so far towards the goal:
- ripped the 2 tracks from the respective CDs
- used Windows Media File Editor to create the clips from each track (I'm guessing there may be better tools but did I mention my tools are very limited too?)
I'd like to do next is create one clip of the 2 smaller clips but this is not critical.
Regardless of whether I have 1 clip or 2, I'd like to play the first (or only) clip, then the second, and then repeat until I do whatever to shut it off. This should be on autopilot - no or minimal clicking.
I've had no success in creating 1 clip but, as I said, that's not critical.
For repeating, I've tried 2 things:
- creating a playlist in Windows Media Player (worked ok) but I see no way to repeat the playlist
- creating a Powerpoint presentation with Inserting each clip (worked OK). Even though I tried playing with timings for advancing slides (both clips could be on 1 slide but that didn't seem to help) and looping the presentation, I couldn't get what I wanted. Problem is that I still have to click each sound object.
2012-05-22, 11:29 #2
- Join Date
- Dec 2009
- Milwaukee, WI
- Thanked 64 Times in 52 Posts
You can use Audacity (free) to easily combine the two clips into one file: http://manual.audacityteam.org/help/...ting.html#join. I personally don't care for Media Player. I use Media Monkey, which has a looping/repeat play back function. But I'd be very surprised if Media Player couldn't loop also.Chuck