New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 2010 Delivery error

Receive the following error when sending email Outlook 2010 using Comcast server: This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients was aborted after 1 second(s): (Then the email address)

I can send to this email address using the Comcast.net site, but not from out look 2010. I had the same problem with Outlook 2007. Tried everything I can think ofchanged the advanced settings, turned virus protection turned off the firewal. No luck.
    Last edited by bmcclin; 2012-05-22 at 21:26.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Have you tried to contact Comcast's support? It's their server that is doing that, not Outlook. Outlook does not generate those error messages.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have contacted Comcast. The email address that I am trying to send with various others will send from the Comcast website. That is why I believe it is some setting in Outlook. I have used different SMTP numbers 465 ect in the advanced settings, with no luck. I have had the same results using Outlook 2007. Comcast said the could fix the problem if I paid $49.95 for their service.... Sorry that I repeated myself.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Outlook cannot generate such an error message, so something is going wrong with the server. It seems something that happens with Comcast, though:

http://community.spiceworks.com/topic/127091-delivery-to-the-following-recipients-was-aborted-after-1-second-s
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...2113733AAjU2sK

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for your help. Nothing on the web sites you sent me helped. Checked all the settings and no luck. I even unhooked my router and still the same results. I called Comcast again and all they say is I have go through their pay support.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Honestly, I think the problem is on the Comcast side and there isn't much you can do from your side. The purpose of the links was to show this seems to be a recurrent problem with Comcast. It's amazing that they require you to pay to solve this.

Do you have another provider? Why don't you create a google account and use it to send the emails you need? You should be able to use your comcast email as the sender, so all should work properly and you will save some money.