Lounger
    Thanks

Excel not passing parameters in hyperlinks

A deep source of irritation, and I haven't yet found an answer.

In Excel you can add hyperlinks. Great. Only, if you add a parameter, it doesn't work. For example, I have this hyperlink:

http://travel.london2012.com/SJPWeb/Pages/JourneyOptions.aspx?jrh=-967981244&o=9100BEXLEY&ot=S&d=8100OPK&dt=V&do=2012 0804&to=1200&dr=20120804&tr=1700&rr=1&pm=PT

This should populate a journey planning system with Bexley Rail Station set as the origin, Olympic Park as the destination, to travel on 4th August and arrive by 1200. And it does, if you paste it into the address bar of your browser.

As a hyperlink in Excel, forget it. It cheerfully ignores everything after the first "?" and takes you to the screen which is then helpfully populated with whatever you put into it last time around. Or blank.

Any thoughts, or any sign that Microsoft might actually make a feature work properly?
    Thanks

Stuart

Thanks
    Well, it depends. A hyperlink to a Google search for example will work and pass all the parameters. I suspect the issue is something in the way the asp code works, but I'm not sure and can't as yet locate any definitive documentation.
    Regards,
    Rory

Microsoft MVP - Excel

New Lounger
    Thanks

Exclamation This Fix Worked for Me

I had the same problem you were having. Somebody pointed me to this fix from Microsoft: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/218153 . Even though my problem was identical to yours and not like the problem described in the KB article, the solution fixed my problem. Hope this helps.

Edit: I should note that I had to create the keys "9.0", then "Common", then "Internet" (because none of them existed in my registry) before creating the DWORD value of "ForceShellExecute" and setting its value to "1".
    Last edited by cuppettcj; 2013-01-02 at 16:54. Reason: More information