5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

New devices move data faster and more flexibly

BEST HARDWARE
    New devices move data faster and more flexibly

By Michael Lasky

The mark of a truly useful peripheral is its ability to help you get work done faster and more conveniently.

Here are four products that easily fit that challenge, both at the office and when you're out playing road warrior.

The full text of this column is posted at WindowsSecrets.com/best-hardware/new-devices-move-data-faster-and-more-flexibly/ (paid content, opens in a new window/tab).

Columnists typically cannot reply to comments here, but do incorporate the best tips into future columns.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Regarding the xPrintServer hardware you reviewed. I agree its a expensive device for what it provides. Have you heard of FingerPrint by Collobos (www.collobos.com). Its software that runs on Mac or Windows that shares out your printers to Airprint compatible devices. Sure a hardware device is more convenient but at US$9.99 and with a free trial option its certainly a cheap solution. I've tried it out on one of my clients and it works well. Cheers.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    $150 Lantronix xPrintServer...Still, it probably costs less than buying another printer that supports AirPrint.
    Not true...you can get an AirPrint multi-function printer for almost half that cost from Amazon and other sources.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Several Other iPad Printing Options

I Googled iPad printing and came up with the following posting in Apple Support Communities:
    https://discussions.apple.com/message/18431545#18431545.
    A posting there links to three other websites with several additional printing methods other than an AirPrint capable printer and the device in the column, including computer programs such as Printopia already posted here and iPad apps (many from major printer manufacturers), as well as enabling AirPrint on a mac. The links are:
    http://ipadacademy.com/2012/03/how-t...inting-options ;
    http://ipadhelp.com/ipad-help/print-...hout-airprint/ ;
    http://ipadhelp.com/ipad-help/how-to...h-any-printer/ .
    Hope this helps.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Regarding the TP-LINK & hotel room story. It seems to me it was having the 3G USB modem that was the answer to the described problem and just plugging that in the side of your laptop is of course much easier than setting up the TP-LINK. No doubt the TP-LINK is a good piece of kit, but it wasn't clear what advantage it provided in the scenario described

New Lounger
    Thanks

Cellphone Printing

In the Android world, a program called WePrint is all you need. Try it first, go through the setup, print and like it.............then buy it. Low price and easy to use.

Thanks
    A flash drive that operates at rocket speeds

I recently purchased a Patriot Supersonic 32 GB USB 3.0 PEF32GSUSB Quad-Channel (not their highest speed). I have been getting very good speeds, and it has an aluminum housing. It was $50 online, although I just saw that the prices have come down. I also purchased an Anker USB 3.0 PCI Express Card with 2 Ports at Amazon for $10 so I could have USB 3.0 on my 2.0 system. I was skeptical that these adapter cards would work, but it seems to work just fine.

Their highest speed claims:
    8-Channel technology for fast read/write performance
    Up to 200MB/s read
    Up to 120MB/s write